[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube Data

> Original Poster: "William Parn" <parn-at-fgm-dot-com>
>

> Greets,

If the anode is angled, the probability increases that it's an xray tube.
The anode is referred to as the target in this case and the angle directs
the bremsstrahlung radiation toward a side port in the casing. If the anode
is not angled, it sounds like it could be a tetrode. The description is very
similar to a couple of Thompson TH 5186's I have. These are used for power
supply switching in CT Scanners and in radio transmission.