[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ideas......

Hi Chris, All,
                    my comments:

> Original Poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> 1. Will a flagpole make a good RF ground?
Depends what its made of and how deep the foundations go - if it's metal and
so are the foundations then probably ok.

> 2. How many Amps are the various parts of a Tesla Coil carrying? Is 10AWG
> solid copper suitable for primary circuit interconnects?
I'd go for something thicker. From memory yours is quite a small nst coil so
maybe 6awg stranded copper.

> 3. What would the effects of useing a 10meter (Shakesphere brand)
fiberglass
> antenna as a topload be? (I'll bet the neighbors *love* that
idea......lol)
> just curious.
A rather charred looking antena

> 4. We have the bottom sec. wire dropping through a hole in the base (right
> next to the coil) then to a screw-clamp connector to a piece of 10AWG (to
> the NST ground) and a piece of 6AWG (the RF ground). Is this a good idea?
That's about right - mavbe use the 6awg for the pri circuit and the 10awg
for the ground.

> 5. If the RF ground has to be so large, why does the sec wire not melt
from
> the amperage?
The thick wire is used to try and prevent huge standing voltages from being
created on the rf ground system - not because the current is high.  The mean
current is probably  a few milliamps.

> 6. Any ideas on how to apply power to 12VDC lights on the rim of a car
wheel
> (think Batman)?
Slip rings?

Regards