[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST and GFI ?

Hi Nick,

Original Poster: "Megavolt Nick" <tesla-at-fieldfamily.prontoserve.co.uk>
>I can't give you a reason but I can tell you GFI units
>do not like coils.  At the industrial museum Brian&Mike
>ran at the GFI breakers kept tripping all night, real pain
>as they were at the other end of the building. That may
>just have been beacuse they were having strike problems
>to the supply transformer.

Maybe. Seems kind of strange tho. My GFI doesnīt have
any *real* electronics inside. And as you say they were on
the other end of the building in your case, I doubt it is RF
interference. Was it a GFI or was it a GFI and a c.b. in a
single housing (although I canīt see a real difference here
either)? What characteristic was the c.b.? (esp. if it is a
GFI and c.b. in a single housing). I use a "K" type, which
is designed for heavy inductive loads. I need this for my
3 phase machine shop. The lathe and compressor will trip
a "normal" c.b. almost every time. The normal "B" or "C"
characteristic will usually flip out, when connected to a
heavy inductive load.

Coiler greets from Germany,
Reinhard