[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Capasitor match

Terry,
    Sorry for not providing the specifics.  I am using a 12kV 30mA NST.  I am
planning on using a rolled capacitor rated for about 54,000 dc and  .01uF.  My
primary is 15 turns of 1/4" copper tubing spaced 1/4" in a 15 degree angle.
My secondary has a diameter of 4.5" pvc and is wound with 985 turns of #22
enamel covered magnetic wire.  I know my capacitor match would be .0066, but
would the .01 capacitor do fine, or would I need to arrange a few of them in
parallel to get an exact match?  Thanks again!

Bryan