[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vacuum motors

Hi Ed

  I bought several vacuum cleaner motors from MECI some time ago.  They
were $4.95 each, with single stage fan, and ran on 240 volts.  I ran it
at 120 volt with plenty of vacuum power though.  This is an open unit,
that is a fan & motor, no vacuum housing.  I made an enclosure laminating
plywood to make a plenum for a row of 1.5" dia. copper pipe quench gap
that works wonderful.  It is based on Richard Hull's design.

Their phone is 1-800-344-4465.  The part number is: 420-0500

Hope this helps

Kevin E.

>I recall that several folks on this list purchased a small surplus
>vacuum
>motor for use in gap quenching.  Can someone please tell me where they
>came
>from?  Phone number?  I think the price was quite resonable.
>
>Thanks, Ed Sonderman

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.