[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil ideas

Hello, Norman

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:53:49 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: Norman Hockler <norsan-at-bright-dot-net>

<snip> The YC-156 I am selling is rated for pulse service at 64
> amps....but
> that is only on a few microseconds and off some period of time as
> the plate
> dissipation can not exceed 5000w.
<snip>

Hmmm...   you wouldn't happen to have a fair sized (smaller than that
monster YC-1561!) triode that you would be interested in trading for a
4-400A, would you? I see that you're using bright-dot-net as you isp, so that
means you're in Ohio or nearby. I'm in Medina County, so shipping would
be no problem.
I'm looking at building a large, CW audio modulated coil for some fun at
AtlantiCon theis April. Wierd music 24-7, blasting at the AM bands ;)  Or
at least we hope so, and that the FCC won't come knocking on our door.
Or, I should say, my friends hope so, as using for actual broadcast
purposes is their idea. I just want talking plasma.
AND, I would hate to burn up the 4-400A in a VTTC built by me,
inexperienced with tube circuits as I am.

thanks,

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!