[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A tall thin piggy, or a short squat piggy?

Hi Paul,
             actually the cost for the same break energy will be the same at
either voltage - i'd just worry about corona more at 19.9kV.
Theoretically a 19.9kV system is better - it will have a higher Xp - see the
R. M. Craven paper listed on the Tesla Webring.
I'd go for the largest 19.9kV unit I had space for, as you can always use
the variac to cut down the voltage and more voltage is useful for any maggi
work you may want to do.

Regards
Nick Field