[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil ideas

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 13.02.2000 20:37:34

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Tube coil ideas

>Original Poster: "Edwin G. Buttell" <edd.b-at-snet-dot-net>

>      So what would happen if we pulsed our 833-A example ???.
>
>     A variable oscillator with a saw/tooth output from ... say
>    50Kc to 200Kc driving a voltage amp ( 6L6 ) biased AB1 to a
>    power amp ( 2 / 6L6 ) biased Class C .... this is how we change
>    from a saw/tooth to a pulse. Next is a driver stage having
>    about 25 or 30 watts output, an 807 in class C should do it.>>

>      It's not that complicated, it would be all tubes, nothing
>    small and modern to burn up, no tuned circuits in the amp
>    or driver and with the 50% duty cycle that we obtained by
>    pulsing the 833-A ( which is now biased class C ) a higher
>    input power can be used without exceeding the max plate
>    dissipation. The last benefit but certainly not the least
>    is the efficiency of the pulsed 833-A , it will be or should
>    be 90% or better.

>     Comments anyone ??????

>    Edd.B

Hi.

I am a tube-design ignorant but your solution sounds good to me. Just one
stupid
question: what you will win using tube devices
instead of a spark gap ? Don't you still need the NST or an equivalent voltage
source?

Regards