[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: spark gap

Hi Ed,

>         I used the gap on a fast quenching relatively low RMS current
system.  It
> did not get "too" hot as to destroy the epoxy.  A small fan would increase
> it's power handling dramatically.  I think the many very tight gaps really
> helped to spread out the heat too.
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Terry

	I wondered about that last point.  Certainly there is more area and
less heat per gap.  By the way, in the cylinder gap I have here (only 7
pieces of 3/4" pipe, mounted on ceramic standoff insulators and then on
an aluminum plate) I mounted the thing so the cylinders were vertical,
which should give at least a little convection cooling.

Ed