[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil ideas using 600W tetrodes?

> The question is, is this a good use for these tubes, or should I use these
> to build a big HF linear amp (Take that, pesky neighbor) and get some other
> lower frequency tubes for coiling...  After all, it seems a waste to run a
> 100 MHz capable tube at 100 kHz..
>
> Jim Lux
> phone:818/354-2075  fax:818/393-6875
> Spacecraft Telecommunications Equipment Section
> Jet Propulsion Laboratory   M/S 161-213
> 4800 Oak Grove
> Pasadena CA 91109

	Terrible waste of beautiful tubes!  I'd use it to built the linear and
use two tubes and keeping two as spares.  (Except, of course, that I
have a good Drake L-4B here and don't use a linear much anyway). Anyhow,
use em for RF and get some honking big triodes for the TC.

Ed