[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ENST Kinda' Thing

Hi Ryan,

> How many shunts can I take out (of a 30ma unit) before
>it gets destructive,

 On the smaller units start with 2 or 3 plates per
stack, max. Don't risk more than that without a meter.

> do I just leave an airspace there where it
> used to be or do I replace the shunt with a conductive
material
> (non-laminated steel plate I would guess) or what?

 Definetly fill the void with a non-conductive material.
 I just wrap the stacks with strips of cut up manilla
folders, or use your LDPE

>  How many neons can I
> phase together before the current overloads the neons
>(or overloads the mains)?

If your using a 20 amp circuit thats 2.4Kw. Just add up
the nst's untill you get there. There is a practical
limit, of course. I've seen photo's with as many as 8
stacked up. Since you've changed the NST's you'll have to
meter either the input current(under load) or the output
current with a milliamp meter. BTW an analog milliamp
meter is only $10.00 os so new, or less surplus.

good luck,
Allen C