[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Designing a Magnifier

Hi:

I have made available a small program called Magsim that uses the
formulas for the ideal design of a Tesla magnifier to compute the
required component values, and in combination with my Teslasim program
allows the visualization of all the voltages and currents, without
breakout, and assuming a lumped model. Look at the end of the page:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/magnifier.html
To understand what you are doing, if you want to see the waveforms,
some knowledge of Laplace transforms is recommended.
For awhile, I leave for you the physical design of the system.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz