[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ENST Kinda' Thing

We recently acquired over ten 15Kv and 12Kv NST's for very, very, VERY
cheap. :-)  Only one of them had a defunct secondary, which will probably
be rectified by a few minutes in the oven.  :)  But, I have given only one
attempt at depotting neons, in which I managed to destroy the thing
completely.  But, I'm ready to give it another try, and I was wondering:
How many shunts can I take out (of a 30ma unit) before it gets destructive,
and when I take the shunts out, do I just leave an airspace there where it
used to be or do I replace the shunt with a conductive material
(non-laminated steel plate I would guess) or what?   How many neons can I
phase together before the current overloads the neons (or overloads the
mains)?

	Thanks,
	      Ryan

PS - I recently found some LDPE polyethelene sheets.  They do not give a
measurement of thickness in mils, but instead say
"Gauge: .002"  Does this equivocate to .002 inches/2 mils?