[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

spark gap

Hi all,
I have just completed and tested a multiple SG for my bipolar coil. I used
eight copper
sweat couplings, each of 1-inch diameter and gapped at 0.022 inches. The
problem
is getting all these cylinders lined up and well behaved enuff so I can gap
them to at least within
5/1000 of eachother. I wonder if anyone has developed a technique for doing
this.

When I tested the gap, I noticed that all the sparks were on the circular
edge of each cylinder rather than along the adjacent sides where I expected
them to be. Isn't this where the spark should be to gain the advantage of
cooler operation?

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman