[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

>I agree with Robert, having worked in science education for thirty years. A
>good demonstration, well presented, with a suitable level of explanation is
a >great way for both initiating an interest in a subject and for bringing
out major >points. In the UK the tradition of the Royal Institution
Christmas Lectures, >started by Faraday, still continues annually, and they
are televised nationally by >the BBC. It is important if we ourselves are
involved with demonstrating >science and technology, that we present a whole
demonstration in a >responsible and safe way, making clear that there are
hazards involved and >that very special precautions have to be taken.
>Steve Cook
---