[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Initial setting for sync phase angle on an RSG

> Original Poster: Finn Hammer <f-hammer-at-post5.tele.dk>

I agree with Finn. I did basically the same thing a while back. The only
difference
is that I removed my fixed electrodes and installed a manf. magnetic pickup
I had
lying around to do the job. I think Finns idea hear is simple and better since
there's no need to remove the fixed electrodes. It does work well and pops
right
into the scope.

On the same subject, the very best method to adjust the firing angle would
be to do
it in real time while the system is under spark loading. I would love to add
another knob on the control box. The only method I seem to recall is a physcial
displacement of the drive motor via a long shaft. But, couldn't the input
frequency
to the drive motor be adjusted out of phase? I'll have to think about this more
(just a passing thought).

Bart