[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

some regulatory stuff

I was browsing through the OSHA database (I did a search for high voltage)
and came up with the following interesting link:

http://www.osha-slc.gov/OshDoc/Interp_data/I19960326G.html

It's a whole bunch of stuff, but the interesting part is the description of
what makes a qualified and trained employee.   This is relevant if you get
into a discussion of "trained tesla coil operators", because the question
will inevitably arise: "Trained how?"

The vast majority of folks working with HV for a living are not licensed,
but are trained by their employers, often on the job.

Jim Lux
phone:818/354-2075  fax:818/393-6875
Spacecraft Telecommunications Equipment Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory   M/S 161-213
4800 Oak Grove
Pasadena CA 91109