[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Syncgap

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Finn Hammer <f-hammer-at-post5.tele.dk>
>
> Hi, Luc!
>
> I have experience with 3 bangs per period sync gap operation, and have
> found that in my system, placing the electrodes at 2,4 mS, 6.45 mS, and
> 8.85 mS produces equal bangs.
>
> This might be a good starting point, however, there is quite a
> difference, when  the ballast inductor is changed to another value.
>
> I recommend, that you make the electrodes adjustable relative to time,
> and that you use the fixed electrodes for that purpose. The fixed
> electrodes are those that are least likely to be cooled, so better
> multiply those, it is also easier to do, as you can see at the URL at
> the bottom.
>
> I think this would be hard to handle without scope monitoring of the
> primary circuit during operation.
> The initial values were simulated in Microsim, and they showed up to be
> spot on.
>
> The charging pattern is like attempted to show below, and you will see,
> that in this case, the cap is discharged at it`s maximum potential,
> unlike when the operation is 1 BP 1/2 P or 2 BP 1/2 P. (That`s Breaks
> Per 1/2 Period.)
>
> The vertical lines are the ringdown, and it is interesting to see, that
> charging of the cap is fastest, right after the voltage peaks, whereas
> it is slow, when the voltage ramps up
>
>             Please view in a fixed-width font such as Courier.
>
>              ASCII interpretation of a oscilloscope trace:
>
>           ***************
>      *****               *****
>    **                         **
>  **                             **
> *                                 *
> ------------------------------------*-------------------------------------
>                                     *                                 *
>                                      **                             **
>                                        **                         **
>                                          *****               *****
>                                               ***************
>
>      ***           *****      *         *                 *      *
>    **  *      *****    *      *         *                 *     **
>  **    *     *         *      *         *                 *    * *
> *
> *      *    *          *      *         *                 *   *  *
> **
>        *   *           *      *         *                 *  *   *   **
>        *  *            *      *         *                 * *    *  *
>        * *             *      *         *                 **     ***
> -------**--------------*------*---------*-----------------*------*--------
>        *               **     **        **                *      *
>        *               * *    * **      * **              *      *
>        *               *  *   *   *     *   *             *      *
>        *               *  *   *    *    *    *            *      *
>        *               *   *  *     *   *     **          *      *
> [...]

Hi Finn

Your idee of putting the ajustable electrodes on the fix part is genial
really i mean it and i have a scope i'll check the adjustement the only thing
is i dont have a lot of time for tesla coilling it's gone a take long time
but i will do it . I 'm interest in coil for may be 20 years but i just build
2 coils a third is on my head now. Any way tanks a lot for your time .By the
way you have a great site.

Cheers,Luc Benard