[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

Subject: Re: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

If we go for a standard warning message and links to a common FAQ, on every
site on the ring, it's going to need someone to coordinate the effort
(possibly the Tesla List moderator?).  On Usenet Newsgroups, an FAQ gets
posted every now and then, so that new members get the basic introduction.
As the Tesla list operated differently, i.e. no-one sees the list unless
they subcribe, an introduction package could be sent on sign-up, with a
safety FAQ.

I don't know how the Web Rings work but if a site devoted to safety could be
kept as the first one listed, it would be seen by almost everyone who went
surfing for TC info.

It's really up to all of us with TC related websites to include some
warnings about the dangers involved in the hobby.  We've all now read a lot
about safetly, thanks to this latest thread, and may also have had some
thoughts about our own responsibilities in promoting this hobby on the Net.
I'm now planning changes to my site to emphasize safety aspects.

Just some thoughts.

Anyone out there fancy a bit of arganising?

Steve Bell (UK)
steve-at-breakfix.demon.co.uk
http://www.breakfix.demon.co.uk