[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole Pig

If you can get it down safely, go for it. I assume you read the posts a while
back regarding someone else doing the same thing, right? There was some good
info in those posts.

For hookup there is a ton of info in the archives.. Basicly, connect the 2
outter low voltage terminals to 240V ignoring the middle one. And you will get
whatever voltage it's rated for on the HV terminals. For current limiting
connect the ballast in series with one of the LV leads. Works the same for
resistive and inductive ballasting. You can use arc welders, variacs, chokes,
heating elements, etc. for balast.

Of course, this is all very simplistic. Be very carefull with it and get a lot
more info before plugging in. ;) I still haven't put power into my pig. Watch
out for PCBs too. When you get it down do the tests for PCBs. If you find them,
I would abandon it. Whatever you think about them for health reasons, if the
government catches you with PCBs you will have to fork over big money, and
you'll lose your pig. :(

Travis