[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

Hi all,
Just an input on this ,

|snip|

. We
> should do everything we can to get the word out that
> secondary sparks are
> dangerous too. They won't blow your arms off like a
> pig can, but they can kill
> you.

-----
 Yes,they could be dangerous too ,I would agree.
Usually ,there is rule:Larger  top isotropic TC hat +
greater the energy in it- worse the shock one can
experience attracting discharge.
Size of top isotropic hat is a predominant factor
which determines percentage of DC component in fast
discharge current waveform of TC to anything
grouded...
I haven't heard (yet) that secondary  HF TC arc by
itself killed somebody ,but I'm pretty sure that
Wysock's 13M wouldn't give you second chance to try
it.
(and I'm not talking about  burns here..Shock and DC
compenent would be leathal).

Bye and take care all of you,
Regards,
Boris