[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rolled cap on Richie's site ?

Hi Tom,

> Original Poster: "Tom Parkhill" <tomp-at-scm-ae-dot-com>
>
> Nice Site!  Richie mentioned he rolled a 0.017 microF cap, but put in no
> details. His email no longer works. Do you have any info on rolling your
> own?  Thanks!  Tom

Are you sure it was on my site ?  I did roll some poly caps a long while
ago,  but 0.017uF does not ring a bell.  There are two files about rolled
poly capacitors on Chip's Tesla Coiling Mailing List.  Check these out:

http://www.pupman-dot-com/howto/cap.txt
http://www.pupman-dot-com/howto/cap_info

If you are thinking of building your own capacitor I would recommend that
you check out MMC's.  Many people are getting excellent results without the
effort of rolling your own.  Do a search of the archives from MMC.

I hope this info is of some help.
							Cheers,

							-Richie Burnett