[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC Charging

Hi All,
          just as general info Miles Hivolt (laterly Hunting-Hivolt) did a
'red' series of caps very much like this.  They go up to about 200kVDC and
were used in huge radio transmitters.  They look like standoff insulators
except with a lug on the ends and side and a capacitance rating stamped on
them. Most surplus places think thet're just insulators therefore sell them
for peanuts - V nice if you can get them.

Regards
Nick Field