RE: Tesla Coils

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Michael:
Step one is to join the Tesla chat list. Go to http://www.pupman-dot-com and
sign up. You can then ask and receive info from as many as 600 or so coilers
around the world.

While you're there, open and carefully read the Richard Quick pages of how
to build a coil.
There are some other pages that will help. Check the Tesla Ring for great
web pages of very innovative and successful coilers. Plenty of How-To with
great photos.
My page (not finished yet) will describe, step by step, how I built a really
decent 900W coil which produces 24-36" sparks using a 15/60 transformer, MMC
and a static spark gap of my own design.

The amount of money and your access to various tools will have an effect.
Some folks have a lathe to wind the secondary. Others will build a motorized
winder or a hand driven winder.

Some can afford the $100 an MMC might cost. Others will build tank caps from
polyethelene and aluminum and place it in Tupperware filled with Motor Oil
(yuch and UGH)

So my point is that it is entirely up to you. We all will be glad to answer
questions as you go along. Prepare for a wonderful education!!!!

Ted in Texas