Re: AMRAD Spark Gaps

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> >Hi Ducan
> >
> >I make a fast search on the web and found : silicon rubber
> O-ring can stand
> >500° F some 600°F , Viton are good for 16 hours at 600°F.
> >
> Thanks for that.  I had a feeling that PTFE would do the
> job, but wanted to be 'authentic' and also have you seen the
> price they charge for this?  Whaaaaaaa ;-(

	Forget the authenticity.  Teflon is relatively soft and subject to cold
flow forever, so it couldn't be depended upon for accurate and constant
gap spacing.  I suspect that it would also leak eventually.  Great stuff
in its place!

> Silicone rubber O rings however are much more affordable.
> If I ever get the urge to expand my quenched gap setup, or
> ditch authenticity for leakproof gaps I think that's the
> road I'll go.  In the meantime I'll squeeze another turn out
> of the clamping bolts with that adjustable spanner, dab a
> bit more grease on it and leave it at that.

	Probably better.

Ed