Re: More Coupling...

Hi Paul and All,

Don't worry, Christmas isn't for 6 minutes yet ;-))

I ran some accurate coupling numbers using all my tricks.  I could repeat
them to 0.1% which is pretty good ;-)  Had some troubles getting the
heights exactly right.  The frame and all was not quite where it should
have been but I finally got it figured out.

I have the center of the primary plane 16.875 inches off the floor.
The inner primary radius is 5.95 inches.
There outer radius is 13.38 inches.
The primary tubing diameter is 0.252 inches.
There are 19.563 primary turns.
The secondary is still 10.25 x 30.0 inches.
There are 1000.5 turns
The secondary wire is 0.0201 inches in diameter.
The split 6 leg foil ground plane is on the floor but it is not connected
to anything.
The primary and secondary are floating.
My primary and secondary spiral (out and up) in the same direction.
The height of the primary above the secondary is as shown in the chart(long
story).
I pumped the number of digits acmi would display to get a good err% number.

The results are in the excel screen capture below.  It's pretty good ;-))

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/TerryVSacmi.gif

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

	Terry