Re: New spark record

In a message dated 12/23/00 6:45:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Jason,

That's an excellent result using just two MOT's.  I used 4 of them
in series and only got 63" sparks, at 4kVA.

To have the coil running on a 15amp 120 volt line along with the
compressor too, and get 6.5 foot sparks, is truly amazing,
especially with the MOT, small secondary and somewhat low
voltage.  It shows that the 28awg wire can perform well even with
longer sparks than my 42" TT-42 sparks.  Undoubtedly the large
toroid is helping too.  My similarly sized secondary develops racing
sparks when I reach 63" sparks or so at 120 bps.  This suggests to
me that your coil is firing at a higher break rate, which makes the
results all the more spectacular.  Are you saying that the coil
produces 5 simultaneous streamers?

Are you using a voltage doubler with the MOT's?  Do you have
a website that shows the coil?

John Freau
--

> Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <