First Light

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hi all.
Well, I've completed my first batch of first light tests, and it's all
good.
I'm getting pretty poor results, actually, [about 1-1 1/2'] streamers. I
was wondering if anyone had any advice.

1] Until I can get ceramic resistors [where in Australia do i get them??]
my sparkgap is only tapped on about 5 pipes. How much does this / would
this be reducing performance by?

2] I think my capacitors are fine [2 strings of  15x.047uf caps] for my
15/30 tranny. IS this right? [tell me it is, they cost a lot of money :P]

3] I am using struts to hold the top toroid, and they are sharp points, .:.
the arcs are coming off them. If I smooth them, will it have a
[significantly] better result?

I'm off for some more fun :P

Simon