Series/Parallel Caps

Original poster: "Hans Scholze by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hanscs-at-eagle.ptialaska-dot-net>

In the thread about capacitors, someone mentioned that they
had four homemade caps in series-parallel.  This got me
wondering whether it would be better to put yours caps in
series first, then parallel the strings, or put them in
parallel first, then series the paralleled caps. (Or maybe
no one is following me?) The only difference is that if you
parallel the caps first, they will be connected "across"
whereas they will not if you put them in series first.  I
read someone's (I think Terry's) info on MMCs and it was
specifically stated not to connect "across".  Does this
apply to only MMC or all types of caps and why?  Thanks to
anyone who can clear this up for me.

Hans

P.S. I am close to finishing my small coil powered by two
OBITs.  All it needs is capacitors.  Although it's a little
late, I may ask Santa for caps to make an MMC.  It sure
seems like to way to go.