Coupling - ACMI trend

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Paul, Terry, All -

Tonight I ran Terry's coupling numbers (obtained from website) against acmi.

Terry's coupling measurements were from 0" to +15" (sec. above pri.):

(Terry's numbers are rounded to 3 out)
inch   acmi    Terry     err%
 0    0.199    0.207     3.97
 1    0.171    0.175     2.51
 2    0.147    0.148     0.34
 3    0.126    0.124     1.45
 4    0.108    0.105     3.25
 5    0.093    0.089     4.73
 6    0.080    0.076     5.26
 7    0.070    0.065     8.19
 8    0.061    0.056     9.52
 9    0.053    0.049     8.38
10    0.047    0.042    11.64
11    0.041    0.037    11.11
12    0.036    0.032    11.11
13    0.032    0.029    11.89
14    0.029    0.026    13.28
15    0.026    0.023    15.04

Minimum err% appears at +2" but increase either direction from this point. Too
bad we don't have measurements below 0". Obviously, 15" is extreme, but from 0"
to +2" above primary, the err% is low which is the typical range coilers will
run and again shows the program can be very useful. Also, this is a nice flat
primary (big 10" coil) and has less err% than I saw in my range.

Terry's coil specs are at:
 <http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/sgap/sgap.html>http://hot-str
eamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/sgap/sgap.html

Paul, you may want to run some of these numbers yourself - I'm still getting
use to meters (grin). Terry's pri - sec spacing appears to be about 1". My
spacing is nearer to 2", so I can see why his coupling at 0 for example is
0.207 higher than on my coil at 0.165. I may run acmi to check a what if? I
like this program!

Take care,
Bart