Great cap source for DC coils

Original poster: "Steve & Jackie Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-com>

I strongly second the below.  Wonderful prices on PFCs, with a huge
selection of values.  86024 is a 63 mFd 346 V PFC run cap for $1.10.  I
personally think it is worth spending a few cents more for higher voltage
ratings as 170V seems to me to be cutting it close - especially when there
are likely to be all sorts of spikes in the power lines running TCs.

But this source should be of even more interest to DC coilers who need HV
filter (reservoir) caps.  It takes some looking through their 30 or so
pages, but you can also find some HV caps in there.  For example, I just
ordered some 23 mF 4,100 VDC caps for $2.00 each.  That's an awful lot of
Joules per buck!  I will run 12 of them in series-parallel for about 17 mF
at 16KV.  (Catalog # 41649 - there's only about a dozen left).  They even
have some big bruiser power pole style whoppers.

Another good cap is 88 mF at 1200V for only 80 cents (74956).  A bank of
these with a triggered spark gap could cause quarters to shrink a heck of a
lot faster than the inflation rate!  And they have a lot of microwave oven
caps, such as 80092 1.07 mF at 2,500 V for 75 cents - a very good deal.

They also have some smaller capacitance caps which might work as pulse caps,
but you would have to cross reference the part number with manufacturer's
specifications to know what you are getting.  I haven't done that.

Happy hunting,
--Steve

They also sell