Re: Semi-depotting as a way of restoring dead NST's

Original poster: "Chris Dobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cdobson-at-microtech-dot-com.au>

I have just finished unpotting a deceased NST by the same method, ie upside
down with an old-fashioned wire element hotplate on the upturned bottom.
Only mine took about 30 hours to free up and slide out. I dumped it in
mineral turps for another day and . . . . . . . . . . one clean, working NST
:^D
I had read before about this method of resurrecting dead NSTs but was
skeptical at first !

Chris

Riana, TAS