Re: Small TC experiments

Original poster: "S.Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Hi Gary,

A while back, I built a poorly designed, small coil using a 5600 V, 5mA
transformer out of an old photocopier. It was a 2 x 9" secondary wound with
22 AWG wire. I used a brass doorknob as a top load and got 2" streamers out
of it. This was the predecessor to the Radical Radio.
If the coil had been well designed, I am sure it would have been better. I
know the voltage is almost double, but the current was a lot less, so maybe
it might give you some idea of it's capability if you can get the gap to
fire.

Regards,
Sue