Re: Science fair project results -test for viability

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Jim

Early electrostatic work we did at TCBOR, the 'E' field of the a TC
did vary as inverse square law to distance.  As an example, when we
measured R. Hull's hanging magnifier at 9' axial from toroid, ES voltages
of ~ 13kV were measured.  If you base output from toroid as 1' from
toroid (near E field) would result in  81 * 13 or ~ 1MV ES.  Discharges
to nearby grounded objects in the 10-11' range were being observed.
8.7kV/in RF * 120 inches is nearly 1MV which is close enough in my mind,
and to +/- 10% accuracy of a Faraday mechanical ES voltmeter.  To confirm
calibration, a separate programmable HVDC power supply was connected
to ES voltmeter, and indication was within 5% of actual HVDC output.

A separate experiment with a small 1kVA SG TC unit which was published,
also illustrated a very similar inverse square law relationship.  NOTE that
this
relationship of Electrostatics was ONLY observed on 1/4 wave, SG driven
systems.  SS or VT CW oscillator systems, or 1/2 wave systems didn't exhibit
any electrostatic effects as discussed above.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> I note that at low frequencies (< 1MHz) a loop antenna may be much more
> efficient, for a given small physical size, than a dipole.

SNIPPO, SNIPPO