From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 4:05 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: This don't make sense.
Gary,

I ran your numbers through my spreadsheet.  I had to make a few assumptions.

The first is, I assumed you had a toroid on top of the secondary which
provided 10 pf of capacitance.  Your secondary self resonant frequency is
376
khz with no toroid and 244 khz with the 10 pf toroid.  Using this 244 khz
frequency and a .017 ufd cap, the primary would tune at turn 9.6 if the
inside diameter was 5.5" and was made from # 10 wire with .350" spacing
between turns.  The tap point would be 9.3 with the same primary made from
.250" diameter copper tubing.  The tap point would be turn 14 with the
copper
tubing primary and the .006 ufd cap.

Ed Sonderman