Primary > secondary distance?

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston" <quantumx-at-mail.ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hey all [again]
I get the feeling that I should concatenate all my frequent posts into
one.. :)

Anyway, I've been looking at pics of other people's coils, and noticed that
the distance from the primary [inner turn] to the secondary is only about
one to one and a half inches. On my coil, this distance is about 2 or 2 1/4
inches.. this won't affect the performace [too much?] will it - or is it
not that important?

The only way to fix this is to rewind the primary- it wouldn't take THAT
long, but I really want to have to do that..

Thanks again
Simon