RE: Polyurethane (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:37:04 -0600
From: Ted Rosenberg <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: Polyurethane (fwd)

Ed:
My 900W coil uses a Plexiglas tube (6") and I used about 5-7 coats of
MiniWax Satin Poly. There was no crazing or other shortcoming. However, if I
had to do it over I would use Pour On. The poly yellows and
looks..well...yuchy to use the techy term. If you pay the big bucks for
clear acrylic you'd want the clarity to remain. But it did keep those
windings in place.

Safety First

Ted