New Capacitor (and a question about bombarders)

Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

Hi, Fellow Coilers,

I just received my .22 uFD -at- 50 kV Maxwell pulse cap that
I won off of ebay today. It was supposed to have come out
of a Marx generator bank from Los Alamos Labratories. It is
amazingly small considering its voltage/capacitance comb-
ination ( 11 3/4" long X 5 7/8" wide X 2 3/4" thick ), but is
quite heavy for this size, too (~15 lbs). It's suppoesd to have
.93 uH equivalent series inductance ( I'm assuming that that
is quite low, which is good?) I determined its actual measured
capacitance to be .211 uFD. I figure this is enough capacitance
to handle one monster of a Tesla coil ( like Kevin Eldrege's
"Biggg Coil"), but may have to incorporate a series/parallel
configuration of 4 for the same capacitance -at- 100 kV to safely
handle the required voltage and current levels for such a system.

Now to my bombarder question. I've heard of using pig-like
transformers to "bombard" a bank of NSTs, but I really don't
understand exactly what this is referring to. If it's not getting
too much off topic, maybe some of the engineers on this list
could enlighten me concerning this ;-]

Keeping 'em Sparkin in Memphis,
David Rieben