Re: Garry's MMC cap failure explained.

Original poster: "Steve" <seric48-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 Hi Terry, all,

  These caps are supposed to be of metallized polypropylene
 construction, according to CDE. The 940C-series data is at

     http://www.cornell-dubilier-dot-com/h940.htm

 and detailed data on Garry's .033uF/2000v cap is at

     http://www.cornell-dubilier-dot-com/9402000.htm

  Robin Copini has used (1600v) 940C-series caps sucessfully
 in an MMC. Maybe someone at CDE actually did 'spill pop in
 the cap winder', or loaded it with polyester film by mistake?

  Steve Copeland

--- from Tesla List ---

>Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>Hi All,
>
>	I received Garry's MMC cap that kept wildly blowing up
> on him tonight by mail and I immediately set to work on it.

-snip-