More tube coil blabber (C. Willis)

Well, the MOT plate transformer for my 833A coil is not boiling hot
anymore- and here's why:  I was using just the electrical (third prong)
ground to ground the coil.  I decided to ground the coil to a water pipe in
my room cooler, and suddenly this transformer is just getting real warm
rather than ultra-hot and smelly. Exactly why the lack of real ground was
causing the problem I have no clue.  But it all goes to show that a
half-decent ground goes a long way sometimes.  Ideas?

My 20-amp breaker is not popping now, either.

I added a third flat spiral coil, tightly coupled to the primary (grid and
plate coils).  I still have my secondary sitting right in the primaries,
but now I base-feed it from the 20-turn third coil also.  I haven't
lengthened the spark, but I have made it "thicker and juicier" and I get
better corona streamers off a point beneath the toroid.

-Carl