Re: What size PFC should i use with my 15/30 NST?

At 10:50 PM 8/29/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi again,
>
>I do have another question.  I would like to put a PFC on my NST but don't
>know what size cap to use.  It is a 15/30 stock NST.  I'm using a 13nf MMC
>with a 120 bps SRGS (if that makes any differenc).  Any recomendations out
>there?  If so, is there a formula or rule of thumb to use to determine what
>size PFC to use?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>John M.

I think this is correct.  It was posted awhile back and needed about three
typo corrections but this should be right.

Cpfc = ( Vo x Io ) / ( 2 x pi x f x Vi^2 )

 Where
 	Cpfc = Power factor cap value in Farads
 	Vo = Rated NST output voltage in volts
 	Io = Rated NST output current in amps