From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 4:01 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Tesla motor receiver

Original poster: Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 8/29/2000 7:07:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> But how do we lower the frequency back down to a rate
>  that a diode can handle ?
>               ~Richard Barton.

   Are all diodes that slow responding that they couldn't rectify a sub-AM
radio frequency?   Never looked into this, so I cannot say.
    One option might be to build a sender and receiver with very fine wire
and use several thousand turns to get a really low frequency(plus use a
really large topload).   For this to work, you probably want to prevent
sparks from coming off the topload(by having that really large one)  to
avoid
signal.
   On the other hand, I seem to remember that Tesla made an induction motor
from a simple disk placed in proximity to an induction coil.  Perhaps this
might be an avenue to explore.   Maybe you could use a coil wound to the
frequency of the sender and place a disk of something like aluminum or
copper(ie a non ferromagnetic metal) in fairly close proximity to the
reciever coil.  You wouldn't even need a primary coil for the receiver if
that worked.
Mike