Re: Tesla motor receiver

Almost any diode around will handle the few hundred kHz from a TC...
However, what you might want to do is hunt down some Schottky diodes, as
used in low voltage switching power supplies.  When you are drawing 50 Amps
from a 5 volt supply, you don't want a 1 volt drop across the diode
dissipating 50 watts...  You probably don't need a filter cap, since the
mechanical inertia of the motor would do that for you.  You might check for
the very low current high voltage motors which were described in an Amateur
Scientist column a few decades back, designed to be run from a kite and
wire....  Bearing friction will be really critical..

You also want VERY tight coupling on a receiver (i.e. no losses with
leakage inductance, etc.).. Tuning will be touchy, though.  Also bear in
mind that the amount of power you can extract is going to be, in a large
part, proportional to the size of your receiver....