Re: Strange neons

>Original poster: "Dan Kunkel" <dankunkel-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>Coilers,
>
>I recently bought two 15000v 30 ma neons. They are franceformers.  The
>strange things is that they are not center tapped. In fact all the wires
>(low and high voltage) go straight into the tar potting. The only ground is
>a green wire that is bolted onto the outside metal case. I don't really see
>any problems with these units...but recently thought that maybe this would
>present a problem when wiring up a filter network since the best ones seem
>to have a ground reference that coincides with the center tap of the NST.
>Is
>it possible that the CORE is grounded to the case? Any way how do I hook up
>a filter (I am also going to be using a 15000v 60 ma wired in parallel with
>the other two, and it does have a center tap). Help anyone?
>
>Dan

You're fine Dan! Just treat it like you would a egular NST. Is it White?
With a little handle on one side, a flip up lid with a screw on one end? And
there's a little junction-box area in one end? That's like one of the ones I
have by France. btw, they're a DREAM to depot. :) And with a France, that's
a plus. They have the life expectancy of about 30 sec.

Each of the WV wires is one end of the dual secondaries, and the Ground
(case) is center tapped.

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group