Re: will this be a problem?

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Pholp Smiff" <kawanze-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> i was winding my primary coil with .25" copper tubing and ran out (it was a
> 50 foot roll) and so i bought another 25 foot roll and started where the
> other ended. I connected the two ends with aluminum tape (aka muffler repair
> tape) will this be a problem? will if affect inductance or burn up when the
> higher current goes through it?

If this tape is what i'm thinking, it has a plastic insulating layer at
the side of the glue, and your connection is an open circuit. Any bad
contact in the primary circuit is an invitation to disaster. Solder the
joint, or at least insert a metal plug at both ends and fix the parts
with flat head screws.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz