Re: Ballast training 101

Hi Denis,

The spark was caused by current being set in in the windings of the
transformer and the suddenly interupted.  I think the D cell can put out
like 100X the current of a 9V battery.  Or, when you broke the circuit with
the 9V, the break was not perfectly clean so the spark was far less.  The
winding looks pretty much like a dead shart so the voltage in both cases
was very low.  I think the Dcell just had far higher current.

Cheers,

	Terry