Re: Ok, what is an LTR cap.

In a message dated 8/23/00 9:19:49 AM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< This is a hobby FULL of
 acronyms. >>

Chris,
No, it is not a hobby full of acronyms but we are going to continue to have a
large group
of otherwise very sharp people continue on the path to destroy the English
language if
I cannot sneak this very run-on sentence past our moderator.

Not every abbreviation is an acronym. Acronyms are fairly rare. I have not
seen a single
acronym in all the abbreviations used in our hobby. Does anyone know of any?
PIG is
a word; it's not even an abbreviation. RADAR, SNAFU, LORAN are classic
examples.
Newer examples might be NASA, CORE, NOW.

My $0.02.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman