Re: How to Achieve TC Success, was I give up!! I regret building my tesla coil!

In a message dated 8/21/00 7:37:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hey i hear ya man.  I spent a whole 2 years trying to get a coil running
>  and probably spent the same amount and i haven't even got any sparks.  I'm
>  only 16 i don't understand half of the things some of these genius people
>  are talking about and i spend my paycheck every week on it.  So let us all
>  wallow in our failure.
>  Sorry
>  Jeremiah

Jeremiah and any others having trouble getting sparks,

Why don't you just copy someone else's design as a starting point?
Then you can go on from there and improve it.  If you copy someone's
design, and it still doesn't work, at least you'll know that the coil is
"close" to working.  Maybe it will need a tweaking of the tuning, or
a gap adjustment, etc.  But it has to work.  You can always post
questions on the list, or tell what problem you're having, and this
will help others to help you.

And always, safety first,

John Freau