Re: How bout this for a gap? A disk interrupted gap.

Hi Garry,
          I thought of this one a few years ago but was
brought back to earth when it was suggested to me that the arc
would not only burn the sides of the slots but track along the
insulating disk as well. At the time I had teflon in mind.
After reading the latest post on kapton it may be that there
are possibilities in that direction. A better bet than a
single disk might be a counter-rotating pair which are sync'd
to have the slots line up at the gap electrodes.

?
Malcolm