Re: rotary disc interupter

Hi All,

	One could fairly easily drill the stationary electrodes in a typical
rotary gap to push compressed air through.  Angle the air ports toward the
incoming moving electrodes since that is where the arc fires (long before
the electrodes are aligned).  By varying the air pressure, you should be
able to adjust the quenching to a high degree.  A far simpler and lower
loss method than many others for getting a rotary gap to quench.

"I" have never actually done this but it does "seem" very promising.

Just a thought...

Cheers,

	Terry